Are you still looking for purpose in your life? Be part of our team!
Certified Nurse's Aide - FullTime (35hrs/wk)
The Fayette County Health Department has a full time Certified Nurse’s Aide opening for Home Health and Hospice. Must have
excellent people skills, be extremely organized, and love working with senior citizens.
Summary: A Home Health & Hospice Aide performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs.
The Aide is responsible for observing patients/clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care
Normal Work Hours: 8:00 – 4:00 Monday – Friday or 8:00 – 5:30, 4 days a week with the possibility of weekend and after
hours work due to trainings, appointments with clients, clinics, board meetings, speaking engagements, or emergency
- Must keep the identity and health information of all clients confidential at all times.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license, registration, and vehicle insurance and be able to drive his/her vehicle for any work
- Must follow DCFS mandated reporting requirements.
- Must successfully pass a fingerprint and background check.
- Must understand and speak fluent English.
Physical Demands of the Job:
- Must be able to bend and stoop repetitively.
- Must be able to be on ones feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have manual dexterity and control of hands in order to take patient vital signs, etc.
- Must be able to lift patients and equipment which is normally 75-100 pounds.
- Must be mobile enough to fulfill the job requirements which include the ability to get in and out of the vehicle, traverse
rough terrains, and enter spaces which may be totally handicapped inaccessible.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces as needed.
- Must be able to work in conditions of extreme cold or heat as needed.
Essential Job Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Provides personal care including: baths, shaving, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos, change bed linen, dressing and
undressing patients, skin care, toileting activities, and minor housekeeping.
- Assists in feeding patients, if necessary.
- Takes vital signs as ordered.
- Assists in ambulation and exercise according to plan of care.
- Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an extension of therapy service as ordered.
- Assists patient in self-administration of medication.
- Assists with patient’s laundry as appropriate.
- Meets safety needs of patient using equipment safely and properly.
- Reports patient’s condition and significant changes to supervisory nurse.
- Adheres to department’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A High School diploma or its equivalent, and current licensure as a certified nurse’s aide.
- One year of nurse’s aide experience is preferred.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Washburn, Director of Homecare by Friday, September 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
The Fayette County Health Department has the right to reject any and all resumes. We are an at will and equal opportunity
Apply to FCHD
Even if we don't currently have an opening, you can send your resume and cover letter for consideration. Mail it in or drop it off
at our office.
Fayette County Health Department
416 W. Edwards St.
Vandalia, IL 62471
Thanks for your interest in the Fayette County Health Department team!