Are you still looking for purpose in your life? Be part of our team!
WIC Clerical - Full time (35 hours/week)
The Fayette County Health Department has a full time WIC Clerical position opening.
Department: Clinical Services
Supervisor: Director of Clinical Services
Summary: WIC/FCM clerical staff schedule appointments for WIC clients as well as provide intake and print food instruments.
Normal Work Hours: 8:00 – 4:00 Monday – Friday, or 8:00 – 5:30, 4 days a week with the possibility of weekend and after
hours work due to trainings, appointments with clients, or emergency preparedness events.
• Must keep the identity and health information of all clients confidential at all times.
• Must maintain valid driver’s license, registration, and vehicle insurance and be able to drive his/her vehicle for any work
• Must follow DCFS mandated reporting requirements.
• Must successfully pass a fingerprint and background check.
• Must understand and speak fluent English.
Physical Demands of the Job:
• Must be able to work at a computer station for prolonged periods of time.
• In the case of emergency events
o Must be able to work in confined spaces as needed.
o Must be able to work in conditions of extreme cold or heat as needed.
Essential Job Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
• Prepares and reviews patient charts and billing sheets
• Schedules and re-schedules appointments
• Performs client intakes for the WIC program
• Prints WIC Food Instruments
• Maintains security of Food Instrument bank drafts
• Operates Cornerstone computer system
• Answers telephones and takes messages or passes calls to nurse
• Performs general clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying, and mail distribution (incoming and outgoing)
• Completes immunization paperwork and maintains filing system
• Completes lead program paperwork and prepares for mailing and maintains filing system
• Performs computer data entry for Lead, Immunizations, Case Management and WIC
• As all clerks, acts as a back-up for front desk receptionist.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
An Associate Degree from an accredited secretarial school or in word processing, or
A High School diploma or its equivalent, and two years of secretarial experience. Secretarial experience in a medical
office is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Heather Jackson, Director of Clinical Services, Fayette County Health Department,
416 West Edwards St., Vandalia, IL 62471. Deadline is Friday, March 22, 2019 at 4pm.
Apply to FCHD
Even if we don't currently have an opening, you can send your resume and cover letter for consideration. Mail it in or drop it off
at our office.
Fayette County Health Department
attn: Melissa Storck
416 W. Edwards St.
Vandalia, IL 62471
Thanks for your interest in the Fayette County Health Department team!